The Staff at Gannett Drive Dental hopes you and your family are in good health. We are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
Infection control processes have always been a top priority for our practice. We will continue to follow the most current recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and Staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office.
- Please wear your mask into the office, and keep on until you are asked to remove it in the treatment room. Your temperature will also be taken. If over 100.3, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office and to wash your hands before you are treated. You will wash your hands again after treatment is completed and you are prepared to leave the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s books, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are possibly offered different options for scheduling your future appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Thank you for being our patients. We all look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (207) 253-5600 or visit our website at gannettdrivedental.com.
Dr. John Kivus and Team