Night Guards for Bruxism - South Portland, ME
Protect Your Most Valuable Asset
Gannett Drive Dental is pleased to offer night guards in South Portland, Maine, to help those who suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding). Dr. John Kivus and Dr. Jacob Fillebrown can provide you with a custom-made night guard to fit your unique mouth and protect your teeth and jaw from dental damage. We encourage you to contact our dental office at 207-253-5600 and schedule your night guard consultation with one of our dentists.
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist or team suspect that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.