Single Tooth Dental Implants – South Portland, ME
Seamless Replacements for Healthy & Beautiful Smiles
If you’re like millions of Americans, you may be missing a single tooth. While this may not seem like more than an aesthetic problem, a single missing tooth can actually impact your health. In fact, unlike other health conditions that get better with time, dental issues will only grow worse if left untreated. A single missing tooth can lead to shifting of remaining teeth, jawbone deterioration, and even additional tooth loss. Thankfully, we offer a few different options for replacing just one missing tooth. Read on to learn more about these solutions and why dental implants in South Portland are the best replacement available.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
To replace just one missing tooth, you have two different options: a fixed bridge or a dental implant.
This option replaces the visible portion of your tooth. Sometimes called a crown and bridge, this personalized prosthetic uses dental crowns mounted to your natural teeth that are surrounding the gap. A dental bridge will fill the space in your smile, but a slight portion of your dental structure will have to be removed to accommodate your crowns.
Single Tooth Implant
A single tooth dental implant replaces the entire tooth from the roots up. A dental implant is a small titanium post that is placed in your jawbone to act as an artificial tooth root. Titanium is biocompatible, which allows it to fuse with your jawbone to create a long lasting and sturdy support. After the implant is integrated into your jaw, we can place a custom-made dental crown on top to seamlessly restore your smile.
The Benefits of Implant Supported Single Tooth Replacement
- Longevity: With proper care, dental implants can last for a lifetime.
- Bone preservation: Dental implants are the only replacement option that preserves the jawbone after tooth loss.
- Look and feel: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. This is because the implant allows the restoration to mimic the way that your natural teeth emerge from your gums.
- Dental health: Because implants are rooted in the jawbone, they don’t require the removal of any surrounding dental structure.
- Strength: Implants give you maximum biting power, which allows you to eat all of your favorite tough and chewy foods.
Contact Gannett Drive Dental Today
Now that you know more about single tooth replacement and what can happen if treatment is prolonged, why wait? Call our office today to set up a consultation. One of our expert dentists will carefully examine your smile to see if an implant supported single tooth replacement is right for you.